Sunday 7 December 2008

Christmas is coming...












No goose this year, that's for sure. But I'm preparing ideas for nice little menus for Nicholas and me. I've ordered a lot of Christmas presents from Etsy, I've certainly honoured my handmade pledge. And the rest, I've made myself. I've hardly bought a thing. Very proud of myself.

This is what I have been spinning for my old Mum. I ordered a beautiful set of batts from the Felt Studio UK on Etsy and they have spun up wonderfully - all by hand, on a drop spindle. There is something very restful, reflective and primaeval about spinning that way. Something women have been doing for millennia. Anyway, I've spun, plied and washed two thirds of it, and am ready to start knitting as soon as it dries (this evening?). I'll put finished products here.

And here are a couple of photos of the terrace in front of the house, my winter arrangement, and the "bonsai" in its new tray that I made in pottery class this autumn.






No comments:

Post a Comment