Monday 10 January 2011

I'M ALMOST TOO LATE TO WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR !

But together with Ellie and Youpee, I do wish you a very happy 2011.  Ellie is starting the year with an operation - she's being spayed tomorrow, which will mean us staying in and taking things gently for a few days.

So we've been exercising a bit more this week. Not today, it's pouring with rain, but we went yesterday and the day before too, very wintery, not cold, but grey and foggy. The sea was very heavy, the heaviest I've ever seen it (which is not saying much, I usually don't go out in nasty weather), though there was little wind. Although it was low tide, a strange freak wave came a good 50 metres up the beach and surprised us.

I undid my Christmas tree yesterday afternoon. The place I bought it from gives a 7€50 voucher if I bring it back this week.  There's something very sad and anticlimactic about taking all the decorations down. When you put them up, you are usually expecting family or friends, taking them down means it's all over and everyone has gone home. Back to normal.

Nicholas took quite a nice picture of me the other day on top of the Montagne St Michel in the snow, it's rare that I put pictures of myself on this blog, but here it is:



and a closer up version:





I bought a couple of amaryllis before Christmas, one just opened the day Nicholas left, now they are both out and look lovely.

And last but not least, because I wore holes in my slipper socks by wearing them over shoes so as not to slip on the ice when it was very cold, I had to knit myself a new indoor pair. Here they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment