Tuesday 3 August 2010

ART

Here are a some photographs of  paintings I've done recently. There are others I'm still fiddling with.



This is a riverside village, not all that good, I couldn't get the green right.



This is called Dimanche au bord de la mer, and I'm very pleased with it. I don't know if you can make it out in the picture, I've scratched plates, knives and forks and glasses into the wet paint. It really gets the atmosphere I wanted and I think I'm making progress.



This is Girl with green hair, it looks better in the close up version on the right, but the composition is slightly off so I've put the other full version on the left. I've noticed that the best paintings are done on old canvases that I've painted over to use again. It gives an interesting twist to backgrounds that you would never get otherwise.

My pottery has proved unphotographable, it just doesn't come out right, so I'm not going to show it to anyone. I did lots of pots, rather nice ones, at the end of the pottery year, and a sort of art nouveau lady without arms who is going to become a lamp when I've found or made a shade for her. Maybe then I can get a good photograph. And I've got an artichoke sculpture coming up (last coat, I hope, of enamel being fired this week) which looks quite good. Maybe I can get a decent photo of that...

No comments:

Post a Comment